Grantseekers can submit proposals using the Connelly Foundation's online application system or by submitting hardcopy through the mail. Both methods of submission require the same information and documentation.
To begin a new online application, please click here. If you have already started an online grant request, please click here to finish the application. To download a helpful guide to assist with applying online, click here.
Mailed hardcopy submissions should be addressed to:
Timothy J. Durkin, Vice President for Grantmaking
One Tower Bridge
100 Front Street, Suite 1450
West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2873
The Connelly Foundation requires all proposal submissions include the following information:
- A single copy of the Philanthropy Network's Common Application Form (hardcopy applications only);
- Grant Proposal Narrative;
- Organizational Budget for current Fiscal Year;
- Current Profit & Loss Statement;
- Project/Program Budget including Income and Expenses. Amounts and sources of revenue should be identified and list which sources are committed or pending;
- Two most recent Audited Financial Statements (the Common Application Form states that one should be included, Connelly requires two.) If financial statements are not audited, an appropriate substitute with an explanation will be considered;
- The most recent IRS Form 990 with all the required schedules and attachments. (The Connelly Foundation requires all applicants to submit a 990 despite the fact that the Common Grant Application does not indicate it is required of all applicants;
- Current list of Board members and their affiliations;
- One paragraph description per key staff and their relevant qualifications;
- Latest annual report or summary of organization's activities in the past year;
- IRS Determination Letter.
- For capital projects (construction, renovation, equipment), expenses must be documented as follows:
- For new construction or renovation to existing space – a complete breakdown of all costs including final bids and financing arrangements (if applicable), visual renderings;
- For acquisition of equipment – a copy of the most appropriate of three bids, costs of installation and financing arrangements (if applicable).